There are a few things going on this weekend and also some things coming up in July 2017 which we would like to make you aware of.
This weekend there is a Family Fun Day at Salem Field’s involving White Rose Archers and the Cricket Club.
Salem Fields – over The Packhorse Bridge
At the bottom of Spring Grove, HB, HX7 8LR
Saturday 8th July 10.30am-4.30pm
Fun for all the family
6-a-side cricket, BBQ, cricket teas, coconut shy, human table football, Aegis Martial Arts, Mike the Magician, Merlin’s Magic Show, Tod Brass Band, Star Tree Studio, Crafts Stalls
And lots lots more, come and join in the fun!
If you are not sure where Salem Fields is in Hebden Bridge, then use the image and mapping below, it is over the bridge in that image
For even more detail of July Events please visit HebWeb Events Page
The Open Studios as part of Hebden Bridge Art’s Festival Starts today Friday 7th July 2017.
7th, 8th and 9th July 11am-5pm
The Open Studios weekend is a great opportunity to visit local artists and craftspeople in Hebden Bridge, Todmorden, Heptonstall, Mytholmroyd and beyond. This year, 90 artists are opening their studios and homes to the public.
Look out for the brochure. Details also available at Hebden Bridge Open Studios Web Site.
Coming up on Wednesday 19th July at Calder High School is a Carnival and Free Film Showing
If you want to read even more about what’s happening in Calderdale in July 2017 then visit this link
Whatever you are doing either inside or outside of Hebden Bridge this weekend, all of us at Silly Billy’s Toy Shop wish you all a happy and enjoyable weekend.
11 total views, no views today
The yearly Hebden Bridge Arts Festival will soon be upon us. This year the Hebden Bridge Arts Festival is running from the 23rd June to 2nd July 2017 with the strap line of “All the Town’s a Stage”. Hebden Bridge is a haven for artists and poets and I am helping out one such poet with their website which will soon be unveiled.
More news is the disappearance of the old five pound note and today is the last day that you can use your old five pound notes in Silly Billy’s Toy shop. after today we cannot take the good old fiver and no other shops will.
What happens if you haven’t spent your old £5 note by Midnight Today the 5 th May 2017?
- You won’t be able to spend the old five pound notes in shops or restaurants.
- If you want to swap the old £5 bank notes over for new plastic you will have to make the trip into a bank, building society or Post Office.
- You will have to be a customer of the bank in question for them to exchange the old note.
- You can go to the local Post Office to deposit the old fivers into your bank account also, the Post Office will probably not change them for you although you could always ask the question.
Fidget Spinners, they have gone viral !
So we have sold out of Fidget Spinners at Silly Billy’s and people have literally gone nuts for them. TODAY we are getting more stock in though we are unsure when it will arrive. As soon as the new Fidget Toys arrive we will put a post on Silly Billy’s Facebook Page.
Today we are hoping to have more stock of the Whirlerz Fidget Spinners at £3.99 and also some Fidget Cubes.
Next week we will have some more varieties of Fidget Spinners assuming our supplier has stock including some metallic ones.
Things to do:
Here are some things that you can do:
- Like our Facebook page to make sure you are up to date with what is happening with us, Robert A Williams writes blog posts potentially once or twice a week, although the easiest way to keep up to speed is to Follow Silly Billy’s on Facebook
- Spend your old five pound notes TODAY at Silly Billy’s Toy Shop
- Make a note of the Hebden Bridge Arts Festival dates in your diaries
- Read the recent post about Silly Billy’s reaching the grand old age of Twenty
16 total views, no views today